02 - How to Use an Essential Oil
Essentials oils were possibly the first form of medicine... now they are an essential part of natural healing. They help with Anxiety, promote Aphrodesia and even help Relax your mind body and soul.
We have a variety of Single Notes and Aromatherapy Blends that you can Diffuse, Inhale, or even Massage onto your skin for your own Natural Healing at Home!
Here's some great ideas on how to use your essential oils:
- DIFFUSE: Add 5-10 drops of essential oil blend to the well of your diffuser, be sure to add enough water. A lamp ring is another alternative.
- BATH: Add 6-8 drops to a warm bath. Swish to mix oils or better yet dissolve in 1/4 cup milk or 1 teaspoon vegetable oil.
- BATH SALTS: Add 3-6 drops to 1/4 C. sea salt and mix. You may also use Epsom Salt and or Baking Soda, or a combination of the three.
- SALT SCRUB: Add 1-2 teaspoons of olive oil, canola oil, sweet almond oil or any other vegetable oil to the sea salt mixture. Use during your bath to exfoliate and soften your skin. Do not use on the face.
- PERFUME: Create your own exquisite perfume! Make sure to dilute with a carrier oil.
- SPRTIZERS: These are easy to make - To make a facial mist use 8-10 drops of essential oils per 4 oz. of distilled water. For a body spray use 30-40 drops per 4 oz. For a room spray use 80-100 drops per 4 oz.
- MASSAGE: Add 6-10 drops to 1 ounce unscented oil - try Sweet Almond
- INHALATION: Breath slowly and deeply to enjoy the therapeutic benefits.
- HOT AND COLD COMPRESS: This is a very effective way of using essential oils to relieve pain and reduce inflammation. HOT: Fill a bowl with very hot water. Add 4 or 5 drops of essential oil. Dip a folded piece of cotton cloth, cotton wool or a face cloth into the bowl, squeeze out the excess water and place the cloth on the affected area until it has cooled to blood heat, then repeat. Particularly useful for backache, rheumatism and arthritis, abscesses, earache and toothache.
- COLD: Made in a similar way, using ice cold rather than hot water.
- FOOT AND HAND BATH: 2-6 drops of an essential oil in a bowl of warm water to relax and cool water to revive.
- Put a couple drops on a cotton ball and hide them in your clothes drawer and hamper to fragrance your clothes.
- Put a couple drops on a tissue or cotton and vacuum it up to fragrance your house while you clean!
- Put a few drops on a tissue and put it in your pillow case to help you sleep at night. Lavender and chamomile work great for this
- SAUNA: Put a few drops of your favorite oil in 1 cup of water and pour over the rocks.